Starting with a bit of bad news this week, but that is followed by a bumper selection of events for your enjoyment. Hope to see some of you there!
1. As you may have heard, Curtin University has recently announced its intention to terminate its Chinese, Japanese and Asian Studies majors. If you would like to express your opposition to this decision, an online petition has been started and can be accessed at the following link:
2. The opening of the Parallel Nippon architectural exhibition will be accompanied by two public lectures; these will be given by Thomas Daniell, co-curator of the exhibition and expert on Japanese architecture. The lectures will be on June 10th, 11:00am-1:00pm, and June 12th, 6:00pm-7:30pm. As space is limited, please contact the Consulate-General of Japan on 9480 1800 to confirm your attendance. Details can be viewed here:
3. The Australia Japan Society is holding an open Yakitori Night at Tenkadori in Subiaco, on June 25th from 5:30pm until 8:00pm. See attached flyer for details:
4. The AJS is also holding a Christmas in July event on Friday June 19th, 7:00pm, at Seasons of Perth in Pier Street. Again, see attached flyer:
5. Upcoming KaiWA dates are June 20th, July 4th, July 18th and August 1st, as always at 43 Below from 5:30pm onwards.
6. Saving the best till last… JETAAWA Winter Matsuri!
This year it’s happening on Saturday July 6th. Its a wonderful cultural day that takes in the gastronomic delights of the picturesque Swan Valley.
The Matsuri will depart Barrack St. Jetty at 9:30am, with a full day of visiting Wineries, the chocolate factory, a local brewery and some top secret undisclosed locations, returning to Barrack St jetty for 5pm. There will be games and activities throughout the day to keep you entertained and its a fantastic chance to make some new friends.
Tickets are $30, which includes the cost of bus ticket and wine tastings, so get in quick to reserve your seat.
RSVPs can be made to email@example.com …. Dave will send you EFT details.. you pay $30 and BANG.. kick back, relax and enjoy the JETAAWA Winter Matsuri. Please be aware that, due to the popularity of this event, your place will only be confirmed after payment and any refunds as a result of cancellation will be at the discretion of JETAAWA.
Have a great June,