Morning Japan fans,
Well, I’m one month in and this media rep job is already busier than I was expecting, for all the best reasons – luckily we have a very active group of people here in WA. As such, here are some supplementary notices on upcoming events and opportunities:
1. Bold Park Community School, is hosting a ‘mini-Matsuri’ for Kodomo no hi on Sunday 5 May from 11-4.
There will be okonomiyaki, takoyaki, more treats and traditional summer festival games, as well as Judo demonstrations from senseis at UWA. See attached flyer for details:
2. Ikebana classes will be held each Wednesday from 8 May to 10 July at the Hyogo Prefectural Government Cultural Centre in City Beach, in association with the Australia-Japan Society WA. See attached flyer for pricing and other information:
3. The Japanese government is offering scholarships to Australian citizens who are interested in studying at aJapanese university, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Follow the link below for further information:
4. Updated minutes are attached for the JETAAWA AGM, with one correction to the full list of general members:
5. Finally, as mentioned in the last newsletter the next kaiWA will be held on Thursday May 9th – not tonight, as it was rescheduled because of ANZAC day.