Here are your JETAAWA updates for the start of July, and it’s (largely) a food and drink-focused issue:
1. JETAAWA Winter Matsuri!There is still time to sign up for the JETAAWA Winter Matsuri trip to the Swan Valley, where you will be able to sample a wide range of local wines and other produce while mixing with a top group of likeminded people. Tickets are only $30 per person, including the bus ticket and wine tastings – RSVP ASAP to email@example.com (further details in the attached flyer):
2. For all the Japanese teachers out there, the 44th Annual Japanese Language Speech Contest will be held on 25 August 2013 at Perth Modern School Auditorium in Subiaco – further details are attached:
- 2013 WA Japanese Language Speech Contest
- 2013 WA Japanese Language Speech Contest – Application Form (PDF)
- 2013 WA Japanese Language Speech Contest – Application Form (DOC)
- 2013 WA Japanese Language Speech Contest – Details
3. Also attached is a discount coupon for Wagokoro, the hot new Japanese restaurant in Morley. Valid till July 6th, so please act quickly:
5. CLAIR has asked us to share the exciting news that Tokyo is a candidate city for the Olympic Games in 2020 – further information can be found at http://tokyo2020.jp/en/
6. The Australia Japan Society has a last few Entertainment Books up for grabs, full of excellent discounts on restaurants, venues and other attractions in Perth. Please contact Kelly Francis on firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
7. As mentioned last month, the AJS is also holding Christmas in July, on Friday July 19th – flyer is reattached with all the details:
8. Upcoming KaiWA dates are July 4th, July 18th and August 1st, as always at 43 Below from 5:30pm onwards.
Cheers for now,