JETAA WA June 2010 Meeting Minutes
Wednesday 30th May 7pm
The Prophet, Vic Park
Nick John (President)
Luke Eaton (Treasurer)
David Millin (Secretary)
Karen LeBlanc (Media Rep.)
Karen Carter (GM)
Emma Wilson (V.President.)
Julius Pang (Webmaster)
Nick Reed (Social Rep)
Tegan Chubb (Promotions Rep.)
Natalie Garmony (General Member)
Paula Bonetti (GM)
Tim Hoff (GM)
Jacqui Lengkeek (Careers Rep)
Andrew Patterson (GM)
Richard Southern (GM)
- JETAA Activities Report – N.R to fill out after each event
- Newsletter release in 2nd quarter(July, Aug) targeted at returnees
- T-shirts to be approved / budgeted thru CLAIR
- Newsletter >50 copies, budget permitting
- Purchase marquee, CLAIR to reimburse
2010 JET Leavers
- 16th July Pre-departure reception at CG’s house 6-8pm
- Feedback was very positive
- Shaky start which left us pushed for time.
- Good mix of members, old and new
2010 JET Leavers Farewell
- 9th July, venue Jun Restaurant, N.J
- Same format as last year
- Budget approved by MOFA
43 Below, Hay St.
J.P to post on website
N.J to promote on Mixi
Roster system still working OK
- Jetaawa.com ongoing
- Members to continue posting photos, minutes etc
- Website maintenance allowance $150 per quarter
– $100 voted for web storage media
- Every member to contribute
- Incorporate JETAAQld Welcome Back style info
- Articles by end of June
JET Regional Conference in PERTH 2010 !!
- 19th-21st November 2010
- 18th Kaiwa for early arrivals
- 19th reception at CG’s house
- 20th Intro/ presentations.
- 21st Seminar and wrap up BBQ
“GIVING BACK” is the theme for 2010
Members still to work on getting a guest speaker.
– Troy Buswell, Andrew Forrest, Steven Smith, Patrick from AJS, K Rudd, Rev Neville Watson, A sensei, A comedian, Camber of commerce allison Turner.
Accomodation at Esplanade hotel Fremantle deposit paid.
Promotions / Information
- Quarterly Newsletter – Members to submit self intro and articles by the end of June
- Mixi, Website, Facebook
- Universities push
- Involvement in external Japan related communities.
- June, venue TBC